Group Show is an exhibition of immaterial artworks in the format of a performance. The artworks span a wide range of media, such as dance, therapy, humor and others. What they have in common is that they could all fit into the category of what we call immaterial artworks – artworks that cannot be reduced to a material object or the documentation of an action. One could imagine that a conversation, a behavior, a movement, or a mood becomes not only the brush, but also the painting.
In Oslo, Group Show will be housed in almost a home. This specific context provides an invitation to share artworks that focus on domesticity, intimate spaces and social agencies. Group Show will include works by Valentina Desideri, Audrey Cottin, Pierre Huyghe, Jennifer Lacey, Angela Goh, Krõõt Juurak, Alex Bailey, Anouchka Oler, Hana Lee Erdman and Toril Johannessen. Bouquet: Matilde Karlström.
Launched in 2014 and run by Adriano Wilfert Jensen and Simon Asencio, Galerie is an immaterial art gallery involved in a wide range of activities. It is also a platform for conversation between different participants in the art world: curators, critics, artists, audience, collectors and gallery owners. Galerie does not have a location, but occurs within existing contexts and venues, such as art fairs, festivals, galleries and institutions.
- Location: Helgesens gate 1
- Duration: 75 minutes approximately
- Limited capacity. We encourage everyone to buy their ticket in advance.
- Before each Group Show, Galerie invites you to Visiting Hours, an occasion for informal meetings, coaching, conversations and business meetings
- Visiting Hours will take place on 14.03 and 15.03 from 14.00 and on 16.03 from 12.00.